About the Awards
Visit California's Eureka! Travel Writing Awards honor editorial work showcasing the Golden State's natural beauty and lifestyle. California-based editorial content decision makers and creators across broadcast, digital and print media platforms are encouraged to enter the competition.
Learn more about the awards below. Entries are due by end of day Tuesday, January 10, 2017. Click here to submit.
- Magazine Feature Entry (print only)
- Newspaper Feature Entry (print only)
- Digital Feature Entry (Travel Blog or Online-only Travel News/Feature Outlet)
- Digital Influencer of the Year (Digital Platform for a Travel Online Influencer)
- Broadcast Entry (TV or Radio)
- Best Thematic Editorial Entry
- In-State Placement (Broadcast, Digital, Influencer or Print)
One Grand Prize winner will be chosen for a two-night getaway to San Diego, provided by San Diego Tourism Authority and Visit California.
Learn more about the award categories and submission criteria in the 2017 Eureka! Awards FAQs.
- The entrant must be a California-based content decision maker or content creator. He or she must live within the state for more than six consecutive months in the year.
- Content must focus entirely on California travel/lifestyle experiences or profile a Californian personality.
- Submissions must be in an outlet that targets an out-of-California audience or readership. This is required as Visit California’s mandate is to attract visitors located outside the Golden State.
- Qualifying submission must have been published between Jan. 1, 2016 and Dec. 31, 2016.
This year, Visit California welcomes special guest judge Robert Arends, Public Relations Manager at San Diego Tourism Authority, to assist in judging entries from California’s most talented travel writers and content creators.
But when, you ask?
Entries are due by end of day Tuesday, January 10, 2017. Click here to submit.
Questions should be directed to CAEurekaAwards@aboutdci.com. We look forward to receiving your entry and appreciate your continued support telling California’s unique travel stories.